Arya is so much fun to work with-Nayanthara

boss-en


When we met Nayanthara recently, she was busy dodging Arya’s advances and giving him the slip. Now, now, before you let your imagination run wild, all the action was happening for the camera on the sets of Boss Engira Baskaran (BEB), directed by Rajesh M of Siva Manasula Sakthi fame.


“We’re shooting a song that features during a marriage. It’s so much fun doing a light-hearted flick,” begins Nayanthara, “I haven’t worked with Arya before and when I got an offer from Rajesh, I accepted it immediately. He is a sensible director and managed to gauge the pulse of the audience in his very first film. BEB is a complete entertainer. There are no messages to be delivered and promises to be kept.”



So, what is the movie all about? “It gives one a peek into a middle-class family. It’s a movie about Baskaran (Arya) who takes life as it comes. He doesn’t believe in working and I change his life completely!” she says and adds, “I play Chandrika, a sensible middle-class girl, who expects everyone to be practical.” Tell her the sketch reminds one of her character Keerthi in Yaaradi Nee Mohini and she shoots back, “Keerthi was nice and sweet, but she was complicated. She had some issues in life, but Chandrika doesn’t.”


This pretty actress also can’t stop raving about her co-star, Arya. “He is so much fun to work with. He always has a smile on his face and it’s impossible to get angry with him. We have a good chemistry and got along like a house on fire,” she says enthusiastically.


Ask Nayanthara, who has worked with many established actors, if she regrets having missed out on any offers and she replies philosophically, “It’s true I have missed out on a few projects that later went on to become hits but then, there are no regrets. I believe that what belongs to you will come to you.”


Though Nayanthara has only BEB in Tamil currently, she has her hands full with projects in three other south Indian languages. “I’ve Simha with Balakrishna, directed by Boyapati Srinu, in Telugu. I also have Electra with director Shyam Prasad in Malayalam. It’s an interesting script and I’m looking forward to shooting for it. If all goes well, I might also dub for myself in this movie. And in Kannada, I have a yet-to-be-titled film with Upendra,” she concludes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment